Join us for a Scallop Dive with Boston Scuba
There is nothing better than fresh seafood and New England waters provide us with the best there is to enjoy! Join us on Saturday, September 23rd for a scallop dive trip with Boston Scuba. Cost is $90 for current SECONN members and $100 for non-members. We have a boat at 8:00am and 1:30pm – each trip will be a two tank dive, see below for some helpful hints.
To reserve your spot, email Mike at email@example.com with your time preference. Space is limited, let us know if you’re coming!
- You’ll need a mesh bag (or two), scallop knife, and a bag/container for your catch
- You’ll also need a scallop knife, something like this works
- Scallops are bottom dwellers, consider being slightly negatively buoyant
- Here’s a quick video to show you the basics of scallop shucking
- Even in the summer, the harbor can be cold. In August 2016, the water was in the 50s (though that was seasonably cold for the area) – consider bringing at least a 7mm suit
- Depths range from 40-60 feet, but light penetration is very good